A beautifully simple kitchen display system.
FreshKDS Quick-Start Guide
Before you begin:
- Obtain an iPad(s) to function as your FreshKDS screen(s). You will need to have the tablet(s) in your possession before you can complete the setup.
The following iOS devices are supported:
iPad Air 2
iPad 5th generation
iPad 6th generation
iPad mini 2
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 4
9.7″ iPad Pro
10.5″ iPad Pro
12.9″ iPad Pro 1st generation
12.9″ iPad Pro 2nd generation
11″ iPad Pro 3rd generation
12.9″ iPad Pro 3rd generation
Ensure you have a strong and stable WiFi connection.
Note: Fresh KDS will not work if you are using your UNION device as a hotspot.
Step 1: Create A Fresh KDS Account
- SIGN UP for FreshKDS account on THIS PAGE
- Enter your information on the following page and click REGISTER.
- Confirm your account by opening the welcome message sent to the email address you used to sign up, and clicking the confirmation button. You will be redirected back to the FreshKDS web portal to complete account setup.
- Enter your first location’s information (if you have multiple locations, don’t worry, you’ll be able to add additional locations once your account is setup) and click NEXT.
- Choose a subscription plan, SELECT your POS system, and click NEXT.
- Enter payment information ( a valid debit or credit card is required) and click SUBMIT.
- Congrats! You have now successfully completed the registration for Fresh KDS.
Step 2: Set up the FreshKDS App
- Download the FreshKDS app in the iOS App Store.
- Open the FreshKDS app, log in using your account credentials, follow the prompts and give the screen a name.
Step 3: Configure Fresh KDS As A Printer Station In UNION
- Ensure that your FreshKDS tablet is connected to the same WiFi network as your UNION system.
- On your KDS tablet open Settings > Screen Settings to find your DEVICE IDENTIFIER. This will be used as your Mac Address.
- Log on to the UNION Manager Portal and select SETTINGS.
Select Hardware Setup > Printers.
- Select ADD PRINTER.
- Name the printer, select Model Epson TM-U220B, enter Device Identifier (found in step 2) as Mac Address, and SAVE PRINTER.
- Select ASSIGN DEVICES to assign the new printer to a register(s).
- Log out of the UNION Manager Portal, and relaunch the UNION POS App to update the printer settings.
Note: You must configure each FreshKDS screen as a printer on every UNION device that sends orders to the kitchen.
Step 4: Place Your Fresh KDS Tablet In The Kitchen
- Set your FreshKDS device in your kitchen wherever it works best for your team.
- Some of our customers place a device right on a prep station. Others find that mounting on the wall nearby with a waterproof casing is the best option.
Step 5: Train Your Staff
- Show your staff how to clear orders (simply tap an order to clear it – or tap an individual order item to clear just that item).
- Show your staff how to recall orders (it’s easy – just tap the recall button at the top of the screen).
To view detailed analytics, log in into your Fresh KDS account in a browser. Average order volumes and ticket times are displayed on easy-to-read graphs for any specified date range.
Using this information can help you operate more efficiently, improve order consistency, and track/shorten ticket times – all of which will help make your customers happy and keep them coming back for more!